Essential Functions: * Provide excellent customer service to team members, customer and vendors.
- Perform a variety of duties such as loading/unloading operating truck mounted forklifts, hauling, etc.
- Plan route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Obtain materials from lumber yard and haul to job site.
- Assist with preparing deliveries.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Serves as a Lumber Yard employee, when not on deliveries, and/or other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with associates and guests
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work Environment:This position will mostly be delivering orders to our customers but will also be working outdoors in our lumber yard.
Physical Demands: Lifting – should be able to lift 60 pounds, some bending, climbing, and driving equipment is required.
Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; read, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Mon- Fri 7:00am – 4:00pm. Home every night.
Travel: Daily – Home Every Night.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Valid Class B CDL with manual endorsement
2. High school diploma or GED diploma or one to three years of related experience or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. 3+ years of experience in the construction/building materials industry
AAP/EEO Statement: Gillman Home Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Other Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR