Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all maintenance projects including but not limited to lighting, appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Repair or replace glass, tile, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds, and locks
- Maintain and or repair interior and exterior paint
- Carpentry work including but not limited to doors maintenance, windows, shelving, fencing, and/or flooring
- Maintain clean and professional common areas
- Grounds maintenance and snow removal
- Perform limited extermination services when required
- Assist with resident manager duties when required
- Maintain stock control and utilization of maintenance materials
- Be present at rental unit check-in and checkout inspection, and refurbish rental units prior to resident occupancy
- Schedule/supervise vendor maintenance personnel and work order requests, adhering to maintenance priorities
- Accurately record preventive maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders
- Scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers recommendations
- Ensure storage areas and entrances are locked and are adequately lit
- Maintain well organized tool and equipment room
- Maintain good working relations with tenants and adhere to Tatitlek guidelines.
- Furnish and maintain a full set of working tools so as to perform the tasks and duties outlined above
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours (on-call) for maintenance emergencies and holidays
- Other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years experience in field or related area
- Formal training or experience in one or more of the following areas: carpentry, light plumbing work, light electrical work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, air conditioning
- Water and gas meter cutoffs, all apartment and fixture cutoffs, and sewer cleanouts and post map of it.
- Willing and able to assist in areas other than strictly repair maintenance, i.e. janitorial, custodial, painting. etc.
- Support Resident Manager in his/her duties when necessary
- Knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area(s) of specialty
- Determine cause(s) of operating error(S) and perform corrective measures
- Install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of apartments, houses, buildings, or other related structures
- Ability to work with persons of all ethnic backgrounds and understand the problems of residents
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally crawl and be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in a warehouse setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when on field assignments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.