Are you ready to join the Smart Home revolution? In Vivint’s Innovation Center, you will be on the cutting edge, developing products that make the smart home even smarter. Others are just getting into the Internet of Things game. Vivint is applying years of experience in the home to create the world's best integrated Smart Home experience.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in smart home technology, join Vivint’s Innovation Team. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not just another job.
Vivint is seeking a Product Manager for our video team. As part of the team, you will be responsible for envisioning and delivering Smart Home products for Vivint customers.
The Video Product Manager will have the opportunity to dream and deliver both hardware and software products related to the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro and in protecting the outside of our customers’ homes. This position will drive some of Vivint’s most influential experiences and greatly contribute to customers’ security and peace of mind.
- Own product vision and roadmap for Vivint’s suite of doorbell cameras, including the new Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, across hardware and software.
- Uncover new problems and solutions for our customers to better protect their porches, packages, and property
- Establish strong balance between discovering new product opportunities and delivering world-class product experiences
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure product opportunities are valuable to customers, viable for the business, easy to use, and technically feasible
- Write clear and concise user stories and requirements, prioritizing development items to align with the product roadmap
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, engineers, program, and QA to ensure delivery against product roadmap
- Build and maintain relationships across organization
- Monitor product performance and proactively identify opportunities for product improvements
- Identify opportunities for customer testing and drive execution while measuring and reporting results
- Partner with the GTM team to prepare operations, marketing, sales, supply chain, and support product channels for launch
- Pursue product and industry knowledge, identify trends and opportunities, and become a subject matter expert on designated products
- Lead by influence
- Inspire team and management to rally behind your vision
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities, including multiple products
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate across levels of the organization and departments in writing, orally and interpersonally
- Decisive, and able to eloquently defend your decisions
- 2 years of relevant work experience in consumer electronics, gaming, software or hardware products
- Show deep commitment to solving customer problems and empathy for the consumer
- Conversant in the technical aspects of building software and/or hardware products
- IOT Cameras or other hardware product experience preferred, but not required
- Works well with others to support shared goals
- Ability to learn quickly
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Product Design, Business or a related field
- Logan Merkley
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Vivint enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each new employee is responsible for completing all training requirements. Additionally, the employee must accept they have responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves, their co-workers, and the public. Employee must adhere to all written and verbal instructions, promptly report and correct all hazards or unsafe conditions, question non-standard operations or unmitigated hazards, and provide feedback to management on all safety issues.
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs".