Houwzer is a next-generation real estate brokerage and home services company built around the customer. Their full-service, salaried agents and loan officers help homeowners save when they sell and trust when they buy. Houwzer's proprietary technology is an end-to-end platform that streamlines the entire transaction from beginning to end with an integrated one-stop shopping experience. The company employs seller and buyer agent specialists, who receive salaries instead of commissions, allowing them to focus on service, not just sales. Houwzer has maintained an industry-leading Net Promoter Score of 79.4 and an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars from hundreds of client reviews online. Since launching in 2015, Houwzer has saved home sellers in the Mid-Atlantic region millions and helped clients buy or sell thousands of homes worth hundreds of millions.
The business has tremendous traction including the following highlights:
- Doubling revenues year over year since inception.
- Successful launch of two markets, achieving regional profitability, with a third launch underway and a fourth launch later this year.
- Achieving best in class attachment rates on mortgage and title services.
- Sustained continuous media coverage in Forbes, The Washington Post, Inman and the Philadelphia and Washington Business Journals.
- And just closed a Series A round of funding to fuel growth (announcement on
The Mortgage Loan Officer is for you if you have industry knowledge and enjoy working closely alongside both agents and home buyers. The Mortgage Loan Officer will handle a variety of tasks and loan types, ensure clients understand the variety of mortgage products available to them, and meet performance requirements set by the Director of Lending.
What Will Be Expected of You
- Assist Houwzer Realtors and clients in taking a complete mortgage application while answering questions, issues, or concerns regarding mortgage products
- Collect initial qualifying documentation
- Follow up with high quality leads and maintain pipeline of clients
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by understanding client needs and crafting tailored mortgage solutions
- Collaborate with clients and processing team to ensure that mortgages are closed on time
- Network and build relationships with agents, and stay informed about developing trends.
- Meet monthly performance requirements
- Other duties may be assigned
- Carry out duties in compliance with all federal and state regulations and guidelines
- Attend community events to create brand awareness.
- Attend required company meetings.
- Volunteer 50 hours per year.
- High school diploma plus two years of working as a loan originator a MLO license is also required.
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems independently.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to network in order to build your business.
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills that align with our mission and values.
- Strong project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and client needs.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
- Successfully complete any regulatory and job training requirements.
- Enter data accurately into a computer using software applications for data entry and word processing as assigned by the company.
- Advanced expertise in using the Google Suite of applications.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining a speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to feel and touch, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Medical coverage with a $320 contribution to the Houwzer plan of your choice.
- $10,000 in life insurance.
- Option to buy into vision, dental, short-term disability, and supplemental life insurance at group rates.
- Retirement savings account through Guideline.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits for transportation and parking.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy (no maximum on the number of days off) and eight observed holidays.
At Houwzer, we have set out to become the best real estate company in, and for, the world. To be the best, it's crucial we have a variety of perspectives and approaches, which means we are building a team inclusive of different races, genders, ages, religions, identities, and experiences. Come join us. We'd love to have you.