Location: 2500 Columbia Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17604
Distribution Manager Salary: $110,000 - $130,000, based on experience (Gr. 13)
How you’ll contribute to the team:
- Create and manage an optimal distribution network to meet new strategic demands of the business.
- Lead our Supply Chain network modeling process, ultimately developing, evaluating, recommending, and implementing model solutions.
- Manage business relationship with contracted third party logistics (3PL) groups and Armstrong Flooring's regional DCs.
- Collaborate with plant warehouses to establish best practices and standard work across the distribution network (including safety and security). Benchmark trends and best practices across the 3PL network to ensure best cost services.
- Collaborate with our Transportation team to cost effectively and efficiently manage the movement of inbound shipments from Armstrong Flooring plants and other Distribution Center. Insure over, short & damages claim process is in place.
- Design and manage sales orders processing and order management process throughout the order cycle within the distribution operations. Maintain sales order work flow agreements, communicate and adjust warehouse activity to assure timely compliance to sales orders due dates. Develop key performance indicators (OTS/OTD/weight shipped/safety etc.) that measures the execution. Work closely with Demand and Supply planners, Sales and customers to assure positive work relationship.
- Develop customer service policies and assure adherence.
- Define, prioritize, and implement process improvement initiatives aimed at reduced cost and improved service.
- Publish and communicate operational and financial reports.
- Communicate initial inventory requirements for all new product introductions to 3PL providers to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Manages unique customer-initiated initiatives within Armstrong Flooring and 3PL providers (e.g., Home Depot Rapid Deployment initiative).
- Creatively manage products destined for Distress, Donations or Destruction.
- As we build our distribution network, this role will have direct and indirect people leadership opportunities.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Supply Chain degree, Logistics degree or Industrial Engineering degree; Bachelor's
- 10+ years of progressive Logistics or Supply Chain Management in varying capacities, including warehousing, transportation, inventory control, and distribution
- 7+ years of supervisory and leadership experience
- Experience in Warehouse Management Systems
You’ll see it in the vibrant colors of your school hallway, doctors and nurses will walk it while caring for your loved ones, your family will gather on it while creating everlasting memories. We are North America’s #1 producer of resilient flooring products and our mission is to inspire great spaces.
That’s us. That’s Armstrong Flooring.
Community & Philanthropy: We have a heritage of investing millions of dollars in programs that enhance the neighborhoods where we live and work. Additionally, we’re proud that our employees regularly and willingly give of their time and talents to support the efforts of local organizations.
Sustainability: Armstrong Flooring has a long-standing reputation for sustainable innovation, starting with using cork waste to make linoleum floors over 100 years ago. We continue to develop products that have lower environmental footprints, and in some cases, reduce the environmental footprints of the buildings where they are installed.
At Armstrong Flooring, every employee has a development plan and discussions around career growth. We have many employees with diverse backgrounds and career paths. We offer the following opportunities which promote a growth culture:
- On-the-Job training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Instructor-led & online courses
- Job shadowing
- Cross-functional team projects
- Choice of competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans - effective Day 1 of employment
- Prescription plan with mail-order options
- 401k with company match
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation with graduated schedule & option to purchase more
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company celebrations & department gatherings
- Family picnics
- Recognition program
- Service awards
- Casual work environment
- Campus-like environment
- 3-mile wooded walking path
- Fitness Center
- Lunchtime Café
- Disc golf, volleyball, bocce ball