Boston Dynamics is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with Controls knowledge to help design and code real time control systems for our logistics robotic applications. This person will work with other software / controls engineers to create high rate optimal feedback controllers, state estimators, and communications channels. We believe that if it doesn’t work on a robot, it doesn’t work - so get ready to do lots of iterative hardware testing to iron out the kinks. If you are looking to work amongst colleagues who are collaborative, mission-driven, values-focused, and looking to have a positive impact on the world of robotics, come and join us!
Day to day activities:
- Design and implement software solutions in modern C++ focused specifically on high rate control systems
- Test and debug your designs on awesome robots
- Create highly reliable, maintainable, and testable codebases
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams to execute design objectives
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years developing in a professional environment
- Familiarity with control systems, state estimation, and multibody dynamics
- Comfortable debugging complex systems
- Proficient designing and implementing scalable software through the use of design patterns in modern C++
- Knowledge of systems programming, e.g. memory management, threading, and interprocess communication techniques
- Experience with hardware (sensor, actuator) integration, especially on robotic systems
Boston Dynamics will never ask you to divulge your personal financial or account information as part of its recruiting process.
Powered by JazzHR