Boston Dynamics is seeking a Senior Control Systems Engineer to help design and code real time control systems for our logistics robotic applications. This person will work with other software/controls engineers to create high rate optimal feedback controllers, state estimators, and communications channels. We believe that if it doesn’t work on a robot, it doesn’t work - so get ready to do lots of iterative hardware testing to iron out the kinks. If you are looking to work amongst colleagues who are collaborative, mission-driven, values-focused, and looking to have a positive impact on the world of robotics, come and join us!
Day to day activities:
- Design and implement controls algorithms in modern C++ focused specifically on high rate feedback systems
- Test and debug your designs on awesome robots
- Create highly reliable, maintainable, and testable codebases
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams to execute design objectives
- MS with 3+ years of experience or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, or related field
- Expertise in control systems, state estimation, multibody dynamics, or optimization
- Proficiency in designing and implementing scalable software through the use of design patterns in modern C++
- 4+ years developing in a professional and product driven environment
- Experience shipping new product to a demanding customer base
- Experience with hardware (sensor, actuator) integration, especially on robotic systems
- Knowledge of systems programming, e.g. memory management, threading, and interprocess communication techniques
Boston Dynamics will never ask you to divulge your personal financial or account information as part of its recruiting process.
Powered by JazzHR