If you love sales and are passionate about helping others purchase their dream home, consider a career with Bell Bank's mortgage team. You will work with colleagues in a first class culture that provides a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provides a high level of service that makes each mortgage run smoothly - by sending closing packages five days before the closing, in-house underwriting and processing and having a support team to allow you to work efficiently.
Bell Bank Mortgage is backed by the financial strength of the 10th largest privately owned bank in the nation. Founded in 1966 and headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has more than $6 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in North Dakota, Minnesota and Arizona. Bell has empowered more than $14 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Originally founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis civic leader David C. Bell, Bell's mortgage division today has thousands of family mortgages to its name. Actively expanding, Bell Bank Mortgage has offices not only in the Midwest, but also in several other regions of the country.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top workplace by American Banker, Forbes and Fortune and has been named among America's top mortgage employers by National Mortgage Professional magazine.
If you want to work for an established, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you. Let Bell Bank Mortgage be your destination workplace.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
- Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
- Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
- “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
Under minimum supervision, this position will market and originate mortgage loans that meet regulatory and investors guidelines to be sold on the secondary mortgage market.
- Gather all information necessary for documentation, analysis, disclosure and underwriting loan applications.
- Structure loan to ensure compliance to product guidelines.
- Submit through DU/LP and review findings to ensure borrower findings meets guidelines.
- Solicit and take loan applications in a professional and timely manner in line with company standard and procedures.
- Provide Loan Estimate (LE) within regulatory guidelines. Also provide re-disclosure as required by regulatory guidelines through understanding of MDIA requirements.
- Provide all necessary applicant information to processor.
- Price loans according to guidelines and secure signed lock agreements.
- Review Closing Disclosure (CD) and prepare the borrower for closing.
- Maintain regular customer contact with professional and community organizations to ensure a positive company image.
- Provides advice and service to applicant requesting mortgage information.
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the local and national real estate market to better serve clients and provide feedback to management
- Know by name and face as many customers and employees as possible, calling them by name as often as possible.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or minimum of three years of mortgage banking experience.
- Two years of mortgage banking sale experience.
- NMLS registration.
- Familiarity with all mortgage banking functions, FNMA, FHLMC, HUD/VA Lending, and regulatory compliance and investor guidelines.
- Ability to strategically plan to market and develop business contact.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines and stress while maintaining a professional and mature profile.
- Ability to travel to different branches and to off-site meetings to meet with clients or co-workers.
Bell Bank Mortgage
Equal Opportunity Employer