The Manufacturing Associate performs manufacturing activities including the production and inspection of product to ensure it meets customer requirements. The Manufacturing Associate will perform simple cable assembly and connector operations to build high-quality products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Convert raw materials into finished product
- Build product to standard rate.
- Reads job order for product specifications.
- Complete in-process inspections
- Interface with computer software to find documents and complete data entry.
- Builds simple point-to-point cables following drawings and instructions to a high level of quality and productivity.
- Demonstrates proper use of basic hand tools: soldering gun, wrenches, hand strippers, trimmers, wire cutters, chop saw, rulers, microscope/magnifier.
- Completes all necessary paperwork relating to the building of assemblies.
- In conjunction with engineering and quality make process recommendations and adjustments to increase productivity in the production cell.
- Adopt a total quality mindset and ensure process quality in each step of the manufacturing process
- Participate in Kaizen and other COS activities as needed.
- Perform job duties to meet quality, cost, and on-time delivery goals.
- Maintains clean, organized work environment and adheres to all safety standards, procedures, and regulations.
- Adheres to all factory safety procedures and guidelines.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
- Willing and able to cross-train and be effective in various processes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is a clean facility, housing different machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toed shoes
- Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses
- Ability to compile with JSA in specific areas
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Manufacturing Associate I:
- COMPLEXITY OF WORK: 0-1 year of manufacturing or related experience. Able to meet standard rates and produce product that consistently meets customer requirements. Ability to multitask. High level of detail orientation. Able to follow detailed work instructions. Able to use basic hand tools and gages. Basic mathematical skills. Able to communicate effectively using both verbal and written means.
- TROUBLESHOOTING: Able to identify problems clearly and communicate effectively. Able to provide input to problem solving teams.
- TRAINING: Can train others on basic and common job functions.
- Manufacturing Associate II:
- COMPLEXITY OF WORK: 1-2 years of manufacturing experience. Demonstrated success as Manufacturing Associate I (One-year minimum experience as a Level 1 Operator. External experience will be considered). Demonstrates strong process related capabilities. Able to perform minor preventative maintenance tasks or complete minor repairs. Can successfully oversee R&D Production Runs. Able to perform more complex tasks within the department assigned. Successfully completes changeovers tasks as assigned.
- TROUBLE-SHOOTING: Able to Identify and assess problems and root-cause. Can solve and correct common problems.
- TRAINING: Can train others on multiple processes or complex processes.
- Manufacturing Associate III:
- COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Three (3) + years of manufacturing experience. Has demonstrated consist success as a Manufacturing Associate II. Skill level is advanced. Demonstrates advanced process, technical, and analytical capabilities. Subject Matter Expert and/or “Go-to-Person” for a process.
- TROUBLE-SHOOTING: Can solve complex problems. Develops root-cause and implements corrective action. Demonstrates expert level understanding of assigned process(s).
- TRAINING: Clearly a Subject Matter Expert. Facilitates Work Instruction updates. Can train others on complex processes as demonstrated by student effectiveness. Can complete group training.
- Soldering Certification, must be completed within 90 days of hire
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions, read blueprints, drawings, and schematics
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies