As a Senior Controls Engineer, your main objective will be to develop and implement automation and controls systems code for industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing machines. You will help develop motion controls for a novel multi-axis system architecture and oversee its commissioning, debugging, . You will integrate subsystems including the motion hardware, drive and control electronics, sensors and safety systems. Additional tasks include overseeing and coordinating the work of vendors and suppliers of automation subsystems.
You will define development and production milestones and lead the effort to develop controls for the world's most productive additive manufacturing system. You will work with our multi-disciplinary team to integrate the requirements and physics of the process into the design and optimization of the control system.
Requirements and Skills
- Excited about taking new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- BS or MS in electrical, mechanical engineering, robotics or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience with automation and controls of industrial production machinery and applications
- 2+ years Experience with B&R industrial automation control platform. You must be very knowledgeable in Structured Text programming langauge and enjoying coding from scratch in the B&R Automation Studio environment.
- In-field application experience, commissioning, troubleshooting, testing, and deploying new code.
- Hands on experience with designing and commissioning motion control for industrial automation
- Hands on experience with multi axis (multi DOF) motion control and industrial robots is a plus
- Programming and debugging skills in a general-purpose languages like Python, C++, etc.
- Knowledge of industrial communication networks (Powerlink, EtherCAT, Profinet etc.)
- Team player with great communication skills
This company is commercializing the first fully scalable, industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards the companies' vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production.
The company recently raised the largest Series A funding for any Metal AM startup and is backed by Venture Capital and Private Equity firms that are led by the current Chairmen of Analog Devices and Ford, former Executive Leaders from Flextronics and Tesla, and seasoned investment leaders with cumulatively over $5 billion in assets under management.
The company has built a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation and robotics; and is seeking new team members who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, hunger, accountability and the passion for learning. The company believes in empowering its people and providing them with whatever they need to learn, grow and excel. For its valued team members, the company proudly offers exceptional compensation and benefits packages.