Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc., known as a leading provider for complex industrial services, is seeking an Electronics and Instrumentation Maintenance Technician to work within an adhesives manufacturing facility in Grand Rapids, MI. Candidate will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties including routine corrective and preventive maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of plant equipment, safety walk-downs, and other activities necessary to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Safety is a priority. Employee must understand safety risks and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and repair various plant instrumentation.
- Analyze and modify PLCs
- Knowledge of the types and application of raceways, wire-ways, and ducts.
- Ability to read electrical and instrumentation blueprints, including schematics, including one-lines, and wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of various instrumentation systems.
- Understands the purpose and methods of grounding and bonding electrical systems.
- Ability to select and size outlet boxes, pull boxes, and junction boxes.
- Understands the transportation, storage, and set up of cable reels, methods of rigging, and procedures for complete cable pulls in raceways and cable trays.
- Ability to terminate and splice conductors of all sizes and types.
- Understands the purpose, use, and application of all circuit breakers, fuses, contractors, and relays.
- Understand cable requirements necessary for various instrumentation systems.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code
- High school diploma/GED; completed apprenticeship program or an Associate degree in electrical or industrial maintenance or engineering preferred.
- 6+ years of E&I experience and registered Electrician License.
- Strong PLC knowledge, Allen-Bradley PLCs preferred.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Willing to work nights, weekends or holidays in order to fully support the Client’s production schedule.
- Ability to work while wearing a respirator or other breathing equipment.
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, balancing, kneeling, and crawling.
Bilfinger Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits including 401(k). A background check in compliance with the fair credit reporting act and a drug screening is required.
Powered by JazzHR