About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Registered Nurse (RN) with Corizon Health at (Facility Name) located in (City, State):
- Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, administers the nursing program in the Health Care Unit; directly supervises one shift and shares 24-hour responsibility for all nursing and paraprofessional personnel.
- Participates in the recruitment and orientation of new nursing personnel. Actively participates in in-service training programs and staff meetings.
- Requires critical thinking, organizational, decisive judgment, communication, good customer service skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions as needed.
- Must follow Corizon and departmental policies and procedures at all times.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Health Care Unit; confers with the Director of Nursing in matters of policy and program development.
- Schedules evaluation conferences for non-supervisory nursing personnel and participate in their performance evaluations on a regularly scheduled basis. Collaborates with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team to develop and initiate health review.
- Supervises the preparation of records of nursing care and other treatments given patients. Plans and supervises the implementation of various nursing care techniques. Supervises the emergency medical care given in accordance with written policies of facility.
- Serve as liaison between nursing staff, and Director of Nursing to relay pertinent information, to serve as consultant with problem solving relative to improving health care delivery.
- Responsible for security of medications, supplies and equipment. Prepare and submit daily, monthly and annual medical records and reports as requested to the administrative staff.
- Attend staff and administrative meetings as requested. Other duties as assigned.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience; or BS in Nursingwith two years of professional experience, or a Masters Degree with one year professionalexperience.
- Registered Nurse licensure in state of employment or compact state, license must be in good standing.
- Graduation from an approved nursing education program with a diploma or an Associate Degree in Nursing.
- CPR certification.
- Knowledge of specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate clinical aptitude.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Job Locations US-MD-Baltimore
Category Nursing & Nursing Assistant
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekend Day
Location ID 91204
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs