At Garmin, you do more as a design engineer than sit at a desk working on schematics. You create. You build. You test. You DESIGN. From building printed circuit board layouts to working with various equipment (multimeters, power supplies, oscilloscopes and more), you will provide technical leadership and project planning for complex analog, digital and/or RF designs for products that are new to Garmin.
Our Automotive OEM Engineering group is looking for a full-time Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their team in Cary, North Carolina. In this role, you’ll be responsible for performing moderately complex schematic design, PCB layout, troubleshooting and debugging, using established design standards and procedures. Other essential functions include:
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in design reviews, providing comments on electrical design aspects and other engineering areas
- Evaluates new technologies as they apply to existing functions
- Participates in project leadership and/or program planning including providing technical input to product development plans and concept documents
- Makes substantial contributions toward determination of project goal/objective feasibility
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced Design Engineers (1 & 2)
- Contributes to advanced technical research on new technologies
- Independently determines general approach and specific solutions to technical problems
- Offers process improvement suggestions and authors new procedures as appropriate
- Direct and coordinate manufacture of prototypes
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must demonstrate proficiency with a complicated schematic and PCB design consisting of one or more PCB’s
- Broad technical knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Electrical Engineering (e.g., analog, digital, RF, and/or DSP)
- Extensive circuit design experience for consumer or aviation products is highly preferred!
- Experience designing Printed Circuit Boards in Zuken CADSTAR or Cadence software is preferred, but not required.