The Resarch Coordinator II independently coordinates research and administrative tasks in support of one or more research studies, works with study investigators and supervisor to address study-related issues, backs up other coordinators as needed, and supports department financial performance through budgeting, billing and as directed.
In this position you will:
Conduct subject study visits including: collection of vital signs, subject signs and symptoms, adverse events, current medications, medication changes and medical histories
Maintain knowledge related to standard precautions, disposing of biohazards and rules related to performing waived CLIA tests * Collect urine, fecal, bucal, breath, and hair specimens per study protocol and conduct protocol required Point of Care testing in accordance with institutional, state and protocol guidelines
- Transport specimens to lab for processing and shipping, according to study protocol
- Prepare patients and assist with study related examinations and procedures
- Perform other study procedures in accordance with the protocol after appropriate training and authorization by the Study Investigator
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree or significant experience in research coordination
- Advanced knowledge of FDA research policies, other applicable federal regulations and/or GCP guidelines
- Expertise in standard office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiar with and comfortable with research methodology and the “scientific method”: for conducting research projects
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) or similar professional research certification
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
Swedish Health Services